Skip to main content
- Straddling a timeline of three centuries, since its founding by the Rev. S. T. Pettigrew in 1865, Bishop Cotton Girls’ School has consistently educated thousands of girl students, empowering them to evolve into women of substance. Be they doctors, engineers, teachers, nurses, homemakers, scientists or corporate chiefs, the Cotton Girls’ are sure to make their mark.
- Every granite block in our sprawling campus has a story to tell: of the vision of the founding fathers and the courage and commitment of a succession of women principals who over the decades pioneered gender equality and emancipation in these hallowed portals long before such concepts became part of the collective public consciousness.
- At Cottons, our rich legacy of all-round education inspires us to even greater heights of excellence, preparing our students from nursery through junior and high school for challenges that lie ahead.
- As Principal, is it is my constant endeavor to follow in the footsteps of my illustrious predecessors, for I believe teaching is not just a profession; it is a calling, a gift from above.
- This school is not just a group of buildings that we have to administer; but a community of thousands of young bodies and minds that look to us, their teachers for guidance, wisdom and encouragement to go forth into the world.
- It is my privilege to lead an administrative and academic team that always has the best interests of our students at heart. By the Grace of God, we shall continue to provide a learning environment that fires the imagination, inspires the intellect and kindles the glorious human spirit. Above all, we want the school to be a happy place; a haven of learning, sharing and caring to which every child and every member of the staff is happy to come to every morning.