At Cotton’s Kindergarten section, we like to remember that:
- Every child is different and has unique personalities
- They develop at different times and in different ways and learn at different rates.
- Tomorrow depends not partially but entirely upon the type and quality of the education we impart to our children today.
- They should be prepared for a vastly complex and rapidly changing world, which calls for an integrated meaningful education system.
Kindergarten provides the opportunity for children to develop intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically through its various activities.
The School maintains a happy and purposeful environment in which every child gets a sound education and recognizes them as special.
An enthusiastic, and well trained team of teachers dedicate themselves to take on a task of initiating these tender children into their first steps in learning and assure the right kind of care with varied fun filled activity to cater to all areas of growth in the child.
Building & Classroom Facilities
Over the last few years, the school has stretched its facility with renovating its building and adding new spacious classrooms to accommodate more children and multimedia hall with the facility for the library.
The School aims at excellent facilities for learning and leisure and then offers a spacious classroom as the little ones require a large work space to move freely.
Accordingly, the kindergarten section consists of five classrooms for LKG children of age 4 – 5 years and another five classrooms for the UKG children of age 5 – 6 years.
Also, we have a beautifully designed playpen with all its play equipment, which would help the children to develop the large and smaller muscles.
We can boast of having two large halls, one is used for multipurpose activity like morning assembly, singing, music class and the other one is the multimedia hall.
The Kindergarten section is divided into two stages according to their age.
- I Stage: LKG, age group of 4 – 5 years old
- II Stage: UKG, age group of 5 – 6 years old
- Each child spends two years in the Kindergarten school
Each stage is divided into five sections: A, B, C, D, & E; provided with a spacious classroom with colorful tables and chairs, a well trained class teacher and an assistant teacher.
LKG – from 8:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. with a short break.
UKG – from 8:15 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. with a short break.
Learning is not always a pleasurable experience, but every moment of this process could be turned into an enjoyable experience by creating an environment filled with fun and enveloped by love and care where young minds are motivated to learn.
The Kindergarten section of BCGS aims to recognize the innate talents of a child and try to develop and train to perfection.
Keeping the above in view our education program is concerned with:
- Fulfillment of basic needs of all pupils
- The development of desirable attitudes
- To encourage wholesome development of the child
- And ensure the program prepares the child for the next stage to meet the challenges more confidently and independently.
Thus foundation is laid for the holistic development of the child. Our entire program is child centered, which follows play-way and activity approach. Thus attention is paid to activities based on first hand experiences that encourage exploration, observation, problem solving, critical thinking and discussions.
Our Curriculum is divided into the following areas of learning:
- Language and Literature – English
- II Language – Hindi / Kannada (UKG)
- Environmental Science (EVS)
- Music (Rhymes)
- Physical Education
- Art & Craft
Assessment and Children’s Record
The Progress and performance of every child is assessed regularly throughout the year.
- The assessment and recording of children’s work give a picture of the skills and concepts achieved and understood by the child.
- It helps to identify the area of weakness and thereby ensure that the child can be helped in her difficulties by giving extra support to improve her learning.
- It helps to inform the parents of the child’s progress and encourage them to support the child’s learning at home with positive attitude and to build confidence.
- In the Kindergarten section, every child has been assessed in the formal and informal way.
- It’s a continuous assessment based on daily learning activities and the progress that she makes in the class.
- To know the ability of the child’s skills in writing, reading, problem solving, matching, counting and understanding of concepts – worksheets are done and assessed.
- Children’s progress report will be sent home every term for 3 terms.
- We appreciate the effort made by every child in every area of her learning and encourage self-confidence.